- Hon-yin and Suet-fong Chan Professor
- BA (National Taiwan Normal University), MA (UC San Diego), Ph.D. (UCLA)
- Rm 818, Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, HKU
史書美博士，2013年起在香港大學中文學院執教，為陳漢賢伉儷基金講座教授。研究範圍包括華語語系研究、中國現代文學、比較文學、批判理論、後殖民論述、女性主義、跨國主義、批判種族理論、世界文學以及少數族裔論述。 著作廣見美國和亞洲各重點的學術刊物，譯成多種語言，包括日文、法文及土耳其文。目前着手兩本英文專書：«華語語系眾帝國»與«關係比較學»。另外合編一本英文論文集 «世界研究»；一本華文論文集《台灣理論關鍵詞》；以及主編一本英文論文集：«比較原住民知識論»。
Dr. Shu-mei Shih joined the School of Chinese, HKU, in 2013 as the Hon-yin and Suet-fong Chan Professor of Chinese. Her areas of research include Sinophone studies, modern Chinese literature, comparative literature, critical theory, postcolonial studies, feminism, transnationalism, critical race theory, world literature, and minority discourse. Her work has been published widely in major journals across the US and Asia, and has been translated into multiple languages including Japanese, French, and Turkish. She is currently working on two monographs in English, Empires of the Sinophone and Comparison as Relation; one co-edited volume in English, World Studies; one co-edited book in Mandarin, Keywords of Taiwan Theory; and another edited volume in English entitled Indigenous Knowledge: Comparative and Relational Perspectives.
代表性著述 Selected Publications:
- 2017 《反離散：華語語系研究論》台北：聯經出版社。（monograph; 2018第二刷）
- 2016 《知識台灣：台灣理論的可能性》台北：麥田出版社。（co-edited volume）
- 2015 Comparatizing Taiwan. New York and London: Routledge. (co-edited volume, paperback edition 2017)
- 2013 Sinophone Studies: A Critical Reader. New York: Columbia University Press. (co-edited volume)
- 2013 《視覺與認同：跨太平洋華語語系呈現，表述》台北：聯經出版社。(translated monograph; 2015 第二刷；2018第三刷)
- 2011 The Creolization of Theory. Durham, NC: Duke University Press. (co-edited volume; second printing 2017)
- 2007 Visuality and Identity: Sinophone Articulations across the Pacific. Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California Press. (monograph)
- 2007 《現代的誘惑：書寫半殖民地的中國的現代主義（1917－1937）》南京：江蘇人民出版社 (translated monograph)
- 2005 Minor Transnationalism. Durham, NC: Duke University Press. (co-edited volume; second printing 2007)
- 2001 The Lure of the Modern: Writing Modernism in Semicolonial China, 1917-1937. Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California Press. (monograph)
Selected Research Articles:
- 2016 “Theory in a Relational World,” Comparative Literature Studies 53:4 (Fall) 722-746.
- 2016 “Race and Relation: The Global Sixties in the South of the South,” Comparative Literature 68:2 (June) 141-154.
- 2015 “World Studies and Relational Comparison,” PMLA 130:2 (March) 430-438.
- 2013 “Race and Revolution: Blackness in China’s Long Twentieth Century,” PMLA 128:1 (January), 156-162.
- 2013 “Comparison as Relation,” Comparison: Theories, Approaches, Uses. Eds. Rita Felski and Susan Friedman. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 2012 “Is the Post in Postsocialism the Post in Posthumanism?” Social Text 30:1 (Spring), 27-50.
- 2011 “The Concept of the Sinophone,” PMLA 126:3 (May 2011) 709-718.
- 2010 “Against Diaspora: The Sinophone as Places of Cultural Production,” appeared in 7 different anthologies.
- 2010 “Theory, Asia, and the Sinophone,” Postcolonial Studies 13:4 (2010) 465-484.
- 2008 “Comparative Racialization,” PMLA 123:5 (November) 1347-1362.
- 2004 “Global Literature and the Technologies of Recognition,” PMLA 119:1 (January), 16-30.
- 2003 “Globalization and Taiwan’s (In)significance,” Postcolonial Studies 6:2 (July).
- 2002 “Towards an Ethics of Transnational Encounter, or ‘When’ Does a ‘Chinese’ Woman Become a ‘Feminist’?” differences: a journal of feminist cultural studies 13:2 (Summer), 90-126.