- Senior Lecturer
- BA (HK), M.Phil. (HK), PhD (HK)
- Rm 723, Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, HKU
Dr. Ho joined the University of Hong Kong in 2000. He is the course co-ordinator of two language courses. He published nine books since 2000. Whilst three of them were related to historical studies, and the rest were concerning his teaching such as linguistic tactics, writing skills, debating skills and communication on the internet.
Besides, Dr. Ho frequently travels to mainland China for public talks. In addition to knowledge exchange, he introduced the teaching and learning mode of the University to the universities in mainland China. In 2012, Dr. Ho was appointed as adjunct professor, Faculty of History and Culture, the Hubei University.
Awards / Grants:
- 2021 Teaching Development Grant,
Principal Investigator, “Project LAMP: LearnSmart Adaptive Moodle+ Platform”, Teaching Development Grant (HK$ 183,471)
- 2020 Teaching Development Grant,
Co-Investigator, “Are you Ready for your Profession: Promoting Innovative Experiential Learning for Clinical Professionalism through Reflective Practice”, Teaching Development Grant (HK$ 99,505)
- 2018-19 University Outstanding Teaching Award (OTA)
- 2017 Teaching Development Grant,
Principal Investigator, “Flip, not flop” ($113,820) Amount of award: HK$ 113,820
- 2012 Faculty (of Arts) Teaching Excellence Award (FTEA)
Selected Publications and Conference Papers:
- 2018 Flip the Practical Chinese Classroom, Teaching and Learning Innovation Expo., jointly organized by the Centre for Learning Enhancement and Research (CLEAR), CUHK and the Information Technology Services Centre (ITSC), CUHK, Hong Kong, 12/2018
- 2017 How tailor-made teaching redefine “IT”? University practical language course in Hong Kong, International Symposium on Language, Linguistics, Literature and Education, Osaka, Japan, 8/2017
- 2016 〈以人為本的大學中文教學〉,《中國語文通訊》，香港中文大學中國文學研究所吳多泰中國語文研究中心，卷95，第2期，頁79-84，2016年7月。
- 2014 〈量體裁衣──談香港大學的「大學中文」教學〉,《中國語文通訊》，香港中文大學中國文學研究所吳多泰中國語文研究中心，卷93，第2期，頁77-81，2014年7月。
- 2013 Presentation like Steve Jobs《跟喬布斯學PowerPoint演說：個人及小組簡報演講策略》，Wan Li Book Co.
- 2009 Ming Shu and Fu Wei-lun (?-1667)《〈明書〉與傅維鱗》，Wuhan: Chongwen Publishing Co.
- 2008 The Last Chinese Homework《最後一份功課：不只是學生作品集》，Next Publications Ltd.
- 2007 10A is Nothing: Learning how to learn《與10A狀元談讀書》，Next Publications Ltd.
- 2006 To Debate……or not to Debate《辯論不是甚麼》，SCMP Book Publishing Limited
- 2005 Network Communication 101: Writing Effective Email 《網路溝通101》，SCMP Book Publishing Limited
- 2004 Strategic Language Use in Job Searching, Interviews and Probation《上班前後100天》，SCMP Book Publishing Limited
- 2002 Eunuch Politics in Early Ming China (Revised Edition)《明初的宦官政治》(增訂版)，Mans’ Book Co. Ltd.
- 2000 Eunuch Politics in Early Ming China《明初的宦官政治》，Silkroad Co. Ltd.
Welcome to my class (Open-door Policy for T&L) (2019-2020 Semester B.)
- CEMD9002 Lecture (Venue: CPD-3.28)
Time and Date: 1:30p.m. – 3:20p.m., 3 Mar. 2020 (Tue.)
- CEMD9002 Lecture (Venue: CPD-LG.18)
Time and Date: 1:30p.m. – 3:20p.m., 5 Mar. 2020 (Thu.)