- BA (CUHK), MA (Tsukuba), Cert.TJFL (Tsukuba)
- Rm 715, Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, HKU
Ms. Chow Bun Ching joined the University of Hong Kong in 1986 and received tenure in 1993. Ms Chow teaches language courses at all levels in the Chinese Language Centre (CLC). She is the coordinator of the Cantonese courses offered by the CLC and has been in charge of the day to day running of all Cantonese courses for over two decades. In addition, she is involved in the reviewing and designing of the curriculum, together with continuous exploring and developing of new and up-to-date teaching materials. Ms. Chow has published several textbooks that are widely used over the world. In 2009, she was awarded a Faculty Teaching Excellence Award from the Faculty of Arts in the University (http://tl.arts.hku.hk/people_BCChow.php).
Her research interests are in the area of the teaching and learning of written Chinese and Cantonese as a foreign language. Recently, Ms. Chow has participated in holding workshops and giving speeches regarding “How to teach Cantonese with Jyutping” and “Chinese characters learning in TCFL” for Chinese teachers to share her experience.
代表性著述 Selected Publications:
- 2009, Spoken Cantonese for International Students, Hong Kong: Greenwood Press. Pages: 270
- 2009, Cantonese for Everyone (Jyutping version), Hong Kong: The Commercial Press. Pages: 245
- 2008, Learn Chinese Using Cantonese, Hong Kong: Greenwood Press. Pages: 298
- 2007, Cantonese for Everyone, Hong Kong: The Commercial Press. Pages: 243
- 1997, Living Cantonese for Intermediate Learners, Hong Kong: Greenwood Press. Pages: 330 (co-author)
- 1988, “The changing image of Japan in Hong Kong as seen in the Popular Press”, Hong Kong and Japan : Growing Cultural and Economic Interactions, 1847-1987, Hong Kong: The Japan Society of Hong Kong, pp. 226-244.